Designing squeeze pages that convert is as much a science as an art. And the point of all this effort? Convincing your prospects to click on a link in response to your call to action. Using the following landing page best practices should give you some insight as to how to go about doing just that when it comes to creating your landing (or squeeze) pages.
1) Make sure your landing pages load quickly. Your prospects are likely to be just as busy as everyone else in today’s fast-paced, multitasking world. If your pages take forever to load you are likely to lose visitors before even having a chance to show them what your pages are about.
2) Get to the point quickly. Once prospects reach your page, don’t lose their interest by taking too long to get to the point. Landing pages are best used to provide enough information to motivate prospects to click on your call to action. Leave the detailed descriptions and in-depth analysis for later.
3) Make your call to action prominent. Don’t bury your call to action amidst a mass of text and images. Design the page so that your prospects can clearly see where they can click or enter information in response to your call to action.
4) Keep your pages focused. Generally speaking, one call to action per landing page is the best way to go. For example, if you are offering to send an informational package to those who enter their email information don’t confuse the issue by trying to get them to sign up for a newsletter at the same time. Keep the page focused on your offer and use different landing pages for other products or services you are offering whenever possible.
5) Know your audience. Tailor your messaging strategy to the audience you are trying to reach. If you are selling a home decoration product whose target audience is wealthy homeowners, for example, you wouldn’t use the same type of language that you might use in trying to sell the latest video game aimed at young males.
6) Make the language compelling. Whatever type of audience you’re trying to reach, catching their interest quickly is very important if you want to improve your landing page conversion rates. Do this by making your language compelling enough to pique their interest and cause them to want to read further or click on your call to action for more information.